(+)-α-tocopherol CAS# 59-02-9
(+)-α-tocopherol, Promotion Season Now in Store and Free Sample for Testing with Factory Price
- Appearance: Brownish Red Oily Liquid
- Assay: 99. 0%min
- Packaging:200kg/ drum
- Sample: Available
(+)-α-tocopherol: The Complete Guide
Request A Free Quote
Quality Control of (+)-α-tocopherol
Quality Control & MSDS
Packing of (+)-α-tocopherol
Description of (+)-α-tocopherol
- α-Tocopherol is a type of tocopherol or vitamin E. It has E number “E307”.
α-Tocopherol is a form of vitamin E that is preferentially absorbed and accumulated in humans. The measurement of “vitamin E” activity in international units (IU) was based on fertility enhancement by the prevention of spontaneous abortions in pregnant rats relative to alpha-tocopherol.
There are three stereocenters in alpha-tocopherol, so this is a chiral molecule. The eight stereoisomers of alpha-tocopherol differ in the arrangement of groups around these stereocenters. In the image of RRR-alpha-tocopherol, all three stereocenters are in the R form. However, if the middle of the three stereocenters were changed (so the hydrogen was now pointing down and the methyl group pointing up), this would become the structure of RSR-alpha-tocopherol. RSR-alpha-tocopherol and RRR-alpha-tocopherol are diastereomers of each other. These stereoisomers can also be named in an alternative older nomenclature, where the stereocenters are either in the d or l form.
- 1 IU of tocopherol is defined as ⅔ milligrams of RRR-alpha-tocopherol (formerly named d-alpha-tocopherol or sometimes ddd-alpha-tocopherol). 1 IU is also defined as 1 milligram of an equal mix of the eight stereoisomers, which is a racemic mixture called all-rac-alpha-tocopheryl acetate. This mix of stereoisomers is often called dl-alpha-tocopheryl acetate, even though it is more precisely dl,dl,dl-alpha-tocopheryl acetate). However, 1 IU of this racemic mixture is not now considered equivalent to 1 IU of natural (RRR) α-tocopherol, and the Institute of Medicine and the USDA now convert IU’s of the racemic mixture to milligrams of equivalent RRR using 1 IU racemic mixture = 0.45 “milligrams α-tocopherol”.
Basic Info of (+)-α-tocopherol
(+)-alpha-tocopherol;(+)-α-Tocopherol;D-α-Tocopherol;2H-1-Benzopyran-6-ol, 3,4-dihydro-2,5,7,8-tetramethyl-2-(4,8,12-trimethyltridecyl)-, [2R-[2R*(4R*,8R*)]]-;
Appearance & Physical State
light yellow liquid
200-220ºC (0.07501 mmHg)
Stable. Combustible. May be sensitive to light and air. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
4.59E-10mmHg at 25°C
What is (+)-α-tocopherol?
- With the progress of science and technology and the development of society, chemical products have invariably permeated our daily lives, in medicine, food, cosmetics, electronics, industry, and other areas, becoming an essential part of our lives. One such product is (+)-α-tocopherol which has developed particularly rapidly in recent years. Do you know about (+)-α-tocopherol?
- The official answer: (+)-α-tocopherol is a brownish red or transparent light yellow oily liquid with a mild, peculiar odor and taste. It is easily soluble in ethanol, acetone, ether, chloroform, or vegetable oil, and almost insoluble in water. The boiling point is high (250℃), stable to heat. It turns dark red when oxidized by air and light. It has no heat and does not participate in human metabolism.
What’s the application of (+)-α-tocopherol?
- (+)-α-tocopherol is a potent antioxidant that is capable of protecting polyunsaturated fatty acids from oxidative breakdown. This vitamin also functions to enhance vitamin A use. Although several other physiological actions have been suggested, to date no unifying concept exists to explain these actions. (+)-α-tocopherol (α-(+)-α-tocopherol) is found in a variety of foodstuffs, the richest sources being plant oils, including wheat germ and rice, and the lipids of green leaves.
- Physiological functions and effects: (+)-α-tocopherol (VE) includes α, β, δ, γ (+)-α-tocopherols, and corresponding tocotrienols and other 8 substances, belongs to the fat-soluble vitamin, has a variety of important physiological functions such as anti-free radicals, anti-aging, prevention of skin keratinization, improve the physical immune function and cellular immune function of humans and animals, prevention of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases, etc. VE has two major sources, (+)-α-tocopherol and synthetic VE. (+)-α-tocopherol is a mixed (+)-α-tocopherol containing a variety of monomers, but (+)-α-tocopherol is better than synthetic VE both in terms of physiological activity and antioxidant capacity, and (+)-α-tocopherol has no toxic side effects on humans, so in the food, nutritional care products, and cosmetics industry, (+)-α-tocopherol is favored by the majority of consumers.
- Hemolytic anemia. Because very little (+)-α-tocopherol is delivered to the newborn through the placenta, the plasma of newborns or premature infants will have low levels of (+)-α-tocopherol. If the mother is deficient in (+)-α-tocopherol, resulting in insufficient (+)-α-tocopherol in the child will cause the child’s blood cells to break easily and anemia occurs, called hemolytic anemia, and sometimes indirectly cause yellow bile.
- Gastrointestinal discomfort, impotence, edema, skin diseases, muscle weakness.
- Chronic fat malabsorption.
- Hemolysis, my uric acid, brown pigment precipitation in smooth muscle.
- Cystic fibrosis, thrombocytosis, hair loss, dry hair.
- After years of (+)-α-tocopherol deficiency in adults, increased lysis of red blood cells will appear.
- Menstrual disorders, cold hands, and feet due to impaired peripheral blood circulation, frostbite, etc.
- Cold sensation syndrome.
Sincere to the customer and in good faith of quality is our forever followed motto. It’s the basement to be a human and do business. We take all responsibility for our products and service sincerely. We are a company integrating R&D, production, and sales. The design, research, and development of pharmaceutical intermediates including more than 330 kinds of pharmaceutical intermediates such as Anti-infectives, Cardiovascular and Cerebrovascular Systems, Digestive System, Santi-tumor, Nervous System, Geriatric Drugs, and Gynecological Drugs. At the same time, we have more than 4,000 factories in strategic cooperation with nearly 50,000 chemical products, so we can provide you with a one-stop purchasing service, which greatly saves customers’ procurement costs and time.
Hello, I’m Pew Ni, the chemical products one-stop solution expert.
Hi, I‘m Peter Ni, the founder of Sincere-Chem, I’ve been running a company in China that exporting chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and intermediates for over 70 countries now. And a range of 50,000 products with the best quality and competitive price to meet your different purchasing needs.
CEO Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CEO Phone Number:
Request A Free Quote
Keywords of (+)-α-tocopherol
(+)-α-tocopherol, 59-02-9 , buy (+)-α-tocopherol, (+)-α-tocopherol supplier, purchase (+)-α-tocopherol, (+)-α-tocopherol cost, (+)-α-tocopherol manufacturer, order (+)-α-tocopherol, high purity (+)-α-tocopherol