Phthalic anhydride CAS#85-44-9
Phthalic anhydride, Promotion Season Now in Store and Free Sample for Testing with Factory Price
- Appearance: White flake solid or powder
- Assay: 99.9% min
- Packaging: 25kg/bag
- Sample: Available
Phthalic anhydride: The Complete Guide
Request A Free Quote
Quality Control of Phthalic anhydride
Quality Control & MSDS
Packing of Bretazenil
Description of Phthalic anhydride
Phthalic anhydride is the organic compound with the formula C6H4(CO)2O. It is the anhydride of phthalic acid. Phthalic anhydride is a principal commercial form of phthalic acid. It was the first anhydride of a dicarboxylic acid to be used commercially. This colourless solid is an important industrial chemical, especially for the large-scale production of plasticizers for plastics. In 2000, the worldwide production volume was estimated to be about 3 million tonnes per year.
Basic Info of Phthalic anhydride
R22; R37/38; R41; R42/43
Appearance & Physical State
white crystalline solid with choking odour
6 g/L (20 ºC)
Stable. Combustible. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents, strong bases, moisture, strong acids. Dust may form an explosive mixture with air.
Store at RT.
5.1 (vs air)
<0.01 mm Hg ( 20 °C)
What is Phthalic anhydride?
Part I: Introduction
With the progress of science and technology and the development of society, chemical products have invariably permeated our daily lives, in medicine, food, cosmetics, electronics, industry, and other areas, becoming an essential part of our lives. One such product is Phthalic anhydride which has developed particularly rapidly in recent years. Do you know about Phthalic anhydride?
The official answer: Phthalic anhydride is an organic compound with the molecular formula C8H4O3, a cyclic anhydride formed by dehydration within the phthalic acid molecule. Phthalic anhydride is a white solid and is an important raw material in chemicals, especially in the manufacture of plasticizers.
What’s the application of Phthalic anhydride?
Part 2: In-depth development
- Phthalic anhydride is one of the most important organic chemical raw materials, its main derivatives are dibutyl phthalate; dioctyl ester and diisobutyl ester, etc., used as plasticizers for PVC, etc.; also used in the production of unsaturated polyester resins; alkyd resins; dyes and pigments; a variety of paints; food additives; phenolphthalein, a laxative in medicine; imitation in pesticides; methoprene and sodium saccharin, etc.
- This product is used as a curing agent for epoxy resin. It is an important organic chemical raw material, mainly used in the production of phthalate plasticizers, paints, saccharin, dyestuff, and important intermediates of organic compounds, insecticides, fungicides, rubber processing aids, photosensitive materials, etc.
- Used as analytical reagents. Organic synthesis intermediates. Used in dyestuff industry to prepare anthraquinone, 2-chloro anthraquinone, 1,4-dihydroxy anthraquinone, and other important intermediates and phthalocyanine blue BS, phthalocyanine blue BX, phthalocyanine blue B, and other dyestuffs.
- used as curing agent for epoxy resin, reference dosage 30-50 mass, 100g resin compound applicable period rt/6h, 120℃/1.5h. curing conditions: 100/2h+150℃/5h or 100℃/12h, 140℃/8h, 200℃/6h. small heat generation during curing, cured products have good electrical properties and mechanical strength, heat deflection temperature 110～152℃.
- It is an important organic chemical raw material. In the synthetic resin industry for the production of polyester resin, amino resin, unsaturated polyester resin, alkyd resin, etc… In the dyestuff industry, it is used to produce anthraquinone, chloroanthracene dihydroxyanthraquinone, and other dyestuff intermediates and phthalocyanine blue BS, phthalocyanine blue BX, phthalocyanine blue B, and other dyestuffs. The plastics industry is used to prepare plasticizers such as dibutyl phthalate, dioctyl phthalate, and its mixed esters. It is also an important intermediate in the manufacture of many kinds of drugs, paints, and organic compounds.
- Used in the manufacture of plasticizers, dibutyl benzodicarboxylate, resins, and dyes, etc.
Sincere to the customer and in good faith of quality is our forever followed motto. It’s the basement to be a human and do business. We take all responsibility for our products and service sincerely. We are a company integrating R&D, production, and sales. The design, research, and development of pharmaceutical intermediates including more than 330 kinds of pharmaceutical intermediates such as Anti-infectives, Cardiovascular and Cerebrovascular Systems, Digestive System, Santi-tumor, Nervous System, Geriatric Drugs, and Gynecological Drugs. At the same time, we have more than 4,000 factories in strategic cooperation with nearly 50,000 chemical products, so we can provide you with a one-stop purchasing service, which greatly saves customers’ procurement costs and time.
Hello, I’m Pew Ni, the chemical products one-stop solution expert.
Hi, I‘m Peter Ni, the founder of Sincere-Chem, I’ve been running a company in China that exporting chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and intermediates for over 70 countries now. And a range of 50,000 products with the best quality and competitive price to meet your different purchasing needs.
CEO Email: email@example.com
CEO Phone Number:
Request A Free Quote
Keywords of Phthalic anhydride
Phthalic anhydride, 85-44-9, buy Phthalic anhydride , Phthalic anhydride supplier, purchase Phthalic anhydride , Phthalic anhydride cost, Phthalic anhydride manufacturer, order Phthalic anhydride , high purity Phthalic anhydride