4′-Hydroxyacetophenone Quick Details
Chemical Name: 4′-Hydroxyacetophenone
CAS No.: 99-93-4
Molecular Formula: C8H8O2
Molecular weight: 136.15
Appearance: White crystalline solid
White crystalline solid
Soluble in Methanol，Insoluble in water
1. Used in the manufacture of choleretic and other organic synthetic raw materials. Animal experiments show that this product can increase the secretion of bile in rats, and also increase the discharge of solids, bile acid and bilirubin in bile, and also have the same effect on liver damage caused by carbon tetrachloride. Commonly used as an adjunct to cholecystitis and the treatment of acute and chronic jaundice hepatitis, but the application must comply with the doctor’s advice. This product is clinically used for the treatment of hepatitis and has a certain effect on yellowing. Therefore, it is harmful to swallow this product, and the contact is irritating to the eyes, respiratory system and skin.
2. This product is an organic synthesis intermediate used in the production of spices. The main synthesis of a-bromo-p-hydroxyacetophenone is an important intermediate for the synthesis of a selective B l receptor blocker, atenolol.
3. 4′-Hydroxyacetophenone is mainly used as a preservative in cosmetics. Due to its weak molecular activity, high temperature resistance, melting point of 95-97 ° C, and boiling point of 296 ° C, it is widely used in various liquid pharmaceuticals, which can prolong the shelf life of other active ingredients under high temperature conditions. It is currently a high temperature auxiliary active stabilizer in the pharmaceutical industry.
4.4′-Hydroxyacetophenonehas the following characteristics in cosmetics:
1) has a certain anti-corrosion ability;
2) has a strong ability to kill Aspergillus niger;
3) has a certain inhibitory effect on Pseudomonas aeruginosa cells. In addition, it is reported in the literature that it is compounded with 1,2-hexanediol and traditional Chinese medicine composition; the compounded composition has good antiseptic effect, no harm to human skin, and overcomes the current preservative damage to human skin. defect
There are two traditional preparation methods for 4′-Hydroxyacetophenone
(1) Two-step method: firstly, phenol esterification is carried out to form phenol acetate, and then Fries rearrangement reaction is carried out under the action of an anhydrous aluminum trichloride catalyst. For example, Lu Huijie of Zhengzhou University heated with phenol and acetic anhydride to reflux acetic acid, then distilled phenolic ester, then chlorobenzene as solvent, anhydrous AlCl3 as Lewis acid, and phenolic acetate added dropwise, the reaction was aligned and The ortho products (69% and 23%, respectively) have lower yields (Reference: Chemical Reagents, 1993, 15(4): 254).
(2) One-step method: Para- and ortho-products (31.5% and 68.5%, respectively) were obtained by phenol and acetyl chloride under anhydrous AlCl3 catalysis. The method used chlorobenzene as a solvent (Ref: DE3108076).
The traditional method has more or less a part of the ortho isomers, affecting the yield of 4′-Hydroxyacetophenone, and the use of a large amount of AlCl3 in the reaction process, the direct consequence of this is Post-processing is complicated and environmental pollution is serious.
4′-Hydroxyacetophenone Packaging and Shipping
Keep tightly closed in a cool dry place.