Acetonitrile CAS 75-05-8
ACN , Promotion Season Now in Store and Free Sample for Testing with Factory Price
Chemical Name: Acetonitrile
Acetonitrile: The Complete Guide
Request A Free Quote
Description of Acetonitrile
- ACN is the chemical compound with the formula CH 3CN. This colourless liquid is the simplest organic nitrile (hydrogen cyanide is a simpler nitrile, but the cyanide anion is not classed as organic). It is produced mainly as a byproduct of acrylonitrile manufacture. It is used as a polar aprotic solvent in organic synthesis and in the purification of butadiene.
- In the laboratory, it is used as a medium-polarity solvent that is miscible with water and a range of organic solvents, but not saturated hydrocarbons. It has a convenient liquid range and a high dielectric constant of 38.8. With a dipole moment of 3.92D, acetonitrile dissolves a wide range of ionic and nonpolar compounds and is useful as a mobile phase in HPLC and LC-MS. The N-C-C skeleton is linear with a short C-N distance of 1.16 Å.
- ACN was first prepared in 1847 by the French chemist Jean-Baptiste Dumas.
Basic Info of Acetonitrile
R11; R20/21/22; R36
H225; H302 + H312 + H332; H319
P210; P261; P302 + P352 + P312; P304 + P340 + P312; P337 + P313; P403 + P235
Appearance & Physical State
Stability Unstable. Incompatible with alkali metals, acids, bases, reducing agents and oxidizing agents. Highly flammable.
1.41 (vs air)
72.8 mm Hg ( 20 °C)
What is Acetonitrile?
- With the progress of science and technology and the development of society, chemical products have invariably permeated our daily lives, in medicine, food, cosmetics, electronics, industry, and other areas, becoming an essential part of our lives.
- One such product is ACN which has developed particularly rapidly in recent years. Do you know about ACN?
- The official answer:ACN is an organic compound with the molecular formula C2H3N. It is a colourless liquid, extremely volatile, with a peculiar odour similar to that of ether, with excellent solvent properties and capable of dissolving a wide range of organic, inorganic and gaseous substances.
- It has some toxicity and is infinitely miscible with water and alcohols. Acetonitrile is capable of typical nitrile reactions and is used in the preparation of many typical nitrogen-containing compounds and is an important organic intermediate.
What’s the application of Acetonitrile?
ACN is a raw material for the preparation of protoacetate, an intermediate in the production of methyl permethrin and 2-chloro-3,3,3-trifluoro-1-propenyl-2,2-dimethylcyclopropanecarboxylate (kung fu acid ester) Chemicalbook, and can be used as a raw material for the intermediate pyrimidine derivatives of sulfonylurea herbicides, in the pharmaceutical industry for the manufacture of vitamin B1, and in the synthetic rubber industry as an extractant for C4 fractions.
Sincere to the customer and in good faith of quality is our forever followed motto. It’s the basement to be a human and do business. We take all responsibility for our products and service sincerely. We are a company integrating R&D, production, and sales. The design, research, and development of pharmaceutical intermediates include more than 330 kinds of pharmaceutical intermediates such as Anti-infectives, Cardiovascular and Cerebrovascular Systems, Digestive systems, Santi-tumor, Nervous systems, Geriatric Drugs, and Gynecological Drugs. At the same time, we have more than 4,000 factories in strategic cooperation with nearly 50,000 chemical products, so we can provide you with a one-stop purchasing service, which greatly saves customers’ procurement costs and time.
Hello, I’m Pew Ni, the chemical products one-stop solution expert.
Hi, I‘m Peter Ni, the founder of Sincere-Chem, I’ve been running a company in China that exporting chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and intermediates for over 70 countries now. And a range of 50,000 products with the best quality and competitive price to meet your different purchasing needs.
CEO Email: email@example.com
CEO Phone Number:
Request A Free Quote
Keywords of Acetonitrile
ACN,75-05-8, buy ACN, Acetonitrile supplier, purchase ACN, ACN cost, ACN manufacturer, order ACN, high purity ACN