Acrylamide CAS# 79-06-1
Acrylamide , Promotion Season Now in Store and Free Sample for Testing with Factory Price
Chemical Name: Acrylamide
CAS No.: 79-06-1
Appearance: white crystals
Acrylamide : The Complete Guide
Request A Free Quote
Description of Acrylamide
Acrylamide (or acrylic amide) is a chemical compound with the chemical formula C3H5NO. Its IUPAC name is prop-2-enamide. It is a white odorless crystalline solid, soluble in water, ethanol, ether, and chloroform. Acrylamide decomposes in the presence of acids, bases, oxidizing agents, iron, and iron salts. It decomposes non-thermally to form ammonia, and thermal decomposition produces carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, and oxides of nitrogen.
Acrylamide can be prepared by the hydrolysis of acrylonitrile by nitrile hydratase. In industry, most acrylamide is used to synthesize polyacrylamides, which find many uses as water-soluble thickeners. These include use in wastewater treatment, gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE), papermaking, ore processing, tertiary oil recovery, and the manufacture of permanent press fabrics. Some acrylamide is used in the manufacture of dyes and the manufacture of other monomers.
The discovery of acrylamide in some cooked starchy foods in 2002 prompted concerns about the carcinogenicity of those foods. As of 2014 it is still not clear whether acrylamide consumption affects people’s risk of developing cancer.
Acrylamide is classified as an extremely hazardous substance in the United States as defined in Section 302 of the U.S. Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (42 U.S.C. 11002), and is subject to strict reporting requirements by facilities which produce, store, or use it in significant quantities.
Basic Info of Acrylamide
R22; R43; R45; R46; R48/20/21/22
Appearance & Physical State
125ºC (25 mmHg)
SOLUBLE, 216 g/100 mL
Unstable. Do not heat above 50ºC. Explosive. Incompatible with acids, bases, oxidizing agents, reducing agents, iron and iron salts, copper, aluminium, brass, free radical initiators. Air sensitive. Hygroscopic.
2.45 (vs air)
0.03 mm Hg ( 40 °C)
What is Acrylamide?
With the progress of science and technology and the development of society, chemical products have invariably permeated our daily lives, in medicine, food, cosmetics, electronics, industry, and other areas, becoming an essential part of our lives. One such product is Ambroxan which has developed particularly rapidly in recent years. Do you know about Ambroxan?
The official answer:
Acrylamide, an organic compound, acrylamide is carcinogenic,  with the chemical formula C3H5NO, is a white crystalline powder, soluble in water, ethanol, ether, acetone, insoluble in benzene, hexane.
What’s the application of Acrylamide?
ApplicationsAcrylamide is the most important product in the acrylamide and methacrylamide families. Since it was used in industry in 1954, the need has grown . It is used to make water-soluble polymers, and this polyacrylamide can be used as an additive to improve the recovery of oil; as a flocculant, thickening agent and paper reinforcement. Small amounts of acrylamide are used to introduce a hydrophilic center into lipophilic polymers to improve viscosity, raise softening points and improve solvent resistance of resins, and to introduce a center for the color acceptance of dyes.
Uses of polymers. Main application areas.
(1) Oilfield use This product is used in oilfield injection wells to adjust the water absorption profile. The product is mixed with initiator, deaerator, etc. and injected into the high permeability layer zone of water injection wells. It is polymerized into a high viscosity polymer under the formation. It seals large pore channels, increases the volume of oil sweep and improves oil recovery rate. In addition, the polymer or copolymer of this product can be used for tertiary oil recovery, fracturing, water plugging, drilling slurry mixing treatment Chemicalbook and chemical grouting, etc.
(2) As flocculant, part of the hydrolysate of this product or graft copolymer with methyl cellulose is used for factory wastewater treatment and downstream treatment.
(3)Soil conditionerUsing the hydrolysate as soil conditioner, it can agglomerate the soil and improve air circulation, water permeability and water retention.
(4) Fiber modification and resin processing by carbamylation or graft polymerization of acrylamide. It can be used to improve the resin finishing of various fibers containing synthetic fibers, warp yarns and for printing and dyeing slurry to improve the basic physical properties of fiber fabrics, anti-wrinkle, anti-shrink and good hand feel.
(5) paper force enhancer acrylamide and acrylic copolymer or polyacrylamide part of the hydrolysate, can be used as a paper force strength agent, instead of starch, water-soluble amino resin or shared.
(6) Adhesives are polyacrylamide and phenolic resin solution with glass fiber adhesive, and with synthetic rubber and pressure-sensitive adhesive.
Use is the raw material for the production of polyacrylamide and its series products Use as monomer of polyacrylamide, its polymer or copolymer used as chemical grouting substances, soil conditioner, flocculant, adhesive and paint, etc. Polyacrylamide as an additive can improve the recovery rate of oil.
Sincere to the customer and in good faith of quality is our forever followed motto. It’s the basement to be a human and do business. We take all responsibility for our products and service sincerely. We are a company integrating R&D, production, and sales. The design, research, and development of pharmaceutical intermediates include more than 330 kinds of pharmaceutical intermediates such as Anti-infectives, Cardiovascular and Cerebrovascular Systems, Digestive systems, Santi-tumor, Nervous systems, Geriatric Drugs, and Gynecological Drugs. At the same time, we have more than 4,000 factories in strategic cooperation with nearly 50,000 chemical products, so we can provide you with a one-stop purchasing service, which greatly saves customers’ procurement costs and time.
Hello, I’m Pew Ni, the chemical products one-stop solution expert.
Hi, I‘m Peter Ni, the founder of Sincere-Chem, I’ve been running a company in China that exporting chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and intermediates for over 70 countries now. And a range of 50,000 products with the best quality and competitive price to meet your different purchasing needs.
CEO Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CEO Phone Number:
Request A Free Quote
Keywords of Acrylamide
Acrylamide, 79-06-1, buy Acrylamide, Acrylamide supplier, purchase Acrylamide Acrylamide cost, Acrylamide manufacturer, orderAcrylamide, high purity Acrylamide