Benzyl acetate CAS#140-11-4
Benzyl acetate , Promotion Season Now in Store and Free Sample for Testing with Factory Price
Chemical Name: Benzyl acetate
Molecular Formula C9H10O2
Average mass 174Appearance: Colorless liquid with an odor of pears.
Benzyl acetate: The Complete Guide
Request A Free Quote
Description of Benzyl acetate
Benzyl acetate is an organic compound with the molecular formula C9H10O2. It is the ester formed by condensation of benzyl alcohol and acetic acid.
Benzyl acetate is found naturally in many flowers. It is the primary constituent of the essential oils from the flowers jasmine, ylang-ylang and tobira. It has pleasant sweet aroma reminiscent of jasmine. Consequently, it is used widely in perfumery and cosmetics for its aroma and in flavorings to impart apple and pear flavors.
It is one of many compounds that is attractive to males of various species of orchid bees, who apparently gather the chemical to synthesize pheromones; it is commonly used as bait to attract and collect these bees for study.
Benzyl acetate is also used as a solvent in plastics and resin, cellulose acetate, nitrate, oils, lacquers, polishes and inks.
Basic Info of Benzyl acetate
Benzul acetate;Benzyiacetate;Benzyl acetate;Plastolin I;Benzylacetat;Expand
Appearance & Physical State
Colorless liquid with an odor of pears.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Keep container closed when not in use. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
23 mm Hg ( 110 °C)
What is Benzyl acetate?
With the progress of science and technology and the development of society, chemical products have invariably permeated our daily lives, in medicine, food, cosmetics, electronics, industry, and other areas, becoming an essential part of our lives. One such product is Ambroxan which has developed particularly rapidly in recent years. Do you know about Ambroxan?
The official answer:
Benzyl acetate is a colorless liquid with a rich jasmine fragrance. The chemical formula is C9H10O2, insoluble in water, soluble in ethanol, ether, insoluble in glycerin. The toxicity of this product is mild, the oral LD50 for rats is 2490mg/kg. there are stimulating and anesthetic effects. Mice exposed to 1.3g/m3 concentration for 7~13 hours can suffer from respiratory distress and die of anesthesia. Due to the low volatility of this product, no other adverse effects have been observed except for local irritation to human. The operation site should be well ventilated. And for the operator to configure protective equipment. It is present in roasted tobacco, white rib tobacco, spice tobacco, and mainstream smoke. The pure product is used in the preparation of jasmine and other floral fragrances and soap fragrances, and the common product is used as a solvent for resins, as well as for spray paint and ink.
What’s the application of Benzyl acetate?
- Used in the preparation of jasmine and other floral fragrances and soap fragrances
- Use GB2760 – 1996 for the temporary use of edible fragrances allowed. used in the preparation of jasmine, peach, apricot, raspberry, strawberry, apple, grape, plum, banana, cherry, pear, pineapple, papaya, cream and other types of flavors.
- Benzyl acetate to be used in China for edible flavoring, can be used to modulate prunes, apples, pineapples, grapes, bananas, strawberries and other fruit flavors, the amount of normal production needs, generally in chewing gum 760mg/kg; 34mg/kg in candy; 22mg/kg in baked goods; 14mg/kg in cold drinks; 7.8mg/kg in soft drinks.
- Spice use. Benzyl acetate is the main component of jasmine and other infusions, is the fragrance of the fragrance of the fragrance, such as fragrance, Ylang Ylang and other indispensable fragrances, because of the low cost, used in soap and other industrial flavors. Often in jasmine, white orchid, jade hairpin, under the moon and narcissus and other flavors in large quantities, can also be used in small quantities for raw pear, apple Chemicalbook, banana, mulberry seeds and other types of edible flavors.
- Solvent use of benzyl acetate in water dissolved 0.23% (wt), insoluble in glycerol. But can be miscible with alcohols, ethers, ketones and ester fatty hydrocarbons, aromatic hydrocarbons, etc.. It has good solubility for grease, nitrocellulose, cellulose acetate, etc. It can also dissolve rosin, glycerol trigonellitate, coumarone resin, etc. Therefore, it is used as a solvent for shellac, alkyd resin, cellulose nitrate, cellulose acetate, dyestuff, grease, printing ink, etc.
- Use ester synthetic fragrance. It is used as a blending fragrance for jasmine, white orchid, jade hairpin, and moonlight fragrance. It is used in many kinds of fragrances because it has the effect of enhancing the fragrance of floral and fantasy fragrances and is inexpensive.
- It has good solubility for grease, nitrocellulose and cellulose acetate, etc. It can also dissolve rosin, glycerol trigonellitate and coumarone resin. Therefore, it is used as a solvent for shellac, alkyd resin, nitrocellulose, cellulose acetate, dyestuff, grease and printing ink, etc.
Sincere to the customer and in good faith of quality is our forever followed motto. It’s the basement to be a human and do business. We take all responsibility for our products and service sincerely. We are a company integrating R&D, production, and sales. The design, research, and development of pharmaceutical intermediates include more than 330 kinds of pharmaceutical intermediates such as Anti-infectives, Cardiovascular and Cerebrovascular Systems, Digestive systems, Santi-tumor, Nervous systems, Geriatric Drugs, and Gynecological Drugs. At the same time, we have more than 4,000 factories in strategic cooperation with nearly 50,000 chemical products, so we can provide you with a one-stop purchasing service, which greatly saves customers’ procurement costs and time.
Hello, I’m Pew Ni, the chemical products one-stop solution expert.
Hi, I‘m Peter Ni, the founder of Sincere-Chem, I’ve been running a company in China that exporting chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and intermediates for over 70 countries now. And a range of 50,000 products with the best quality and competitive price to meet your different purchasing needs.
CEO Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CEO Phone Number:
Request A Free Quote
Keywords of Benzyl acetate
Benzyl acetate,140-11-4, buy Benzyl acetate, Benzyl acetate supplier, purchase Benzyl acetate Benzyl acetate cost, Benzyl acetate manufacturer, orderBenzyl acetate, high purity Benzyl acetate.