Benzyl benzoate Quick Details
Chemical Name: Benzyl benzoate
CAS No.: 120-51-4
Molecular Fomula: C14H12O2
Molecular weight: 212.24
Appearance: Yellowish transparent liquid.
Benzyl benzoate Typical Properties
Yellowish transparent liquid
Acidity (mg/g naoh)
Sulphate ash (%)
Specific gravity (20 ℃)
Refractive index (Η D 20 )
Freezing point ( ℃)
Benzyl benzoate usage
1. It is an excellent deodorant, diluent and solvent in floral fragrance.
2. As a modifier in heavy floral and oriental flavors such as tuberose, ylang-ylang, lilac and medlar
3. It is a stabilizer for high carbon aldehyde or alcohol flavors.
4. For the preparation of berry flavors such as plum, cherry, etc.
5. Used as a plasticizer for cellulose, varnish and PVC
6. Used to prepare medicines for whooping cough and asthma
7. As solvents, fixatives, plasticizers and acaricides for acetate, nitrocellulose and artificial musk
Benzyl benzoate Packaging and Shipping
Delivery: UN 3082 9
Benzyl benzoate Storage
Stored in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight