Citral Quick Details
Product Name: Citral
Molecular Formula: C10H16O
Molecular Weight: 152.23
Appearance: Yellow or pale yellow clear liquid
Citral Typical Properties
Yellow or pale yellow clear liquid
Strong aroma of lemon
dissolve in ethanol 70%(v/v)
1. GB 2760-96 specifies the flavorants that are permitted for use. It is mainly used to prepare lemon, citrus and assorted fruit flavors, and is also the main raw material for the synthesis of ionone.
2. Used as a flavoring agent to prepare lemon flavor and as a raw material for the synthesis of ionone and vitamin A.
3. It is used in a wide range of applications for all aspects of lemon aroma. It is an important spice for lemon type, deodorant wood type essence, artificially formulated lemon oil, bergamot oil and orange leaf oil. It is a raw material for synthesizing ionones and methyl ionones. Can also be used to cover the bad atmosphere in industrial production. It can also be used in food flavors such as ginger, lemon, lime, sweet orange, round pomelo, apple, cherry, grape, strawberry and spice. Wine flavors can also be used.
4. Citral is a kind of edible flavor that is allowed to be used in China. It can be used to prepare fruit flavors such as strawberries, apples, apricots, oranges and lemons. The dosage is according to the normal production needs, generally 1.70mg/kg in the gum sugar; 43mg/kg in the baked food; 41mg/kg in the candy; 23mg/kg in the cold drink; 9.2mg/kg in the soft drink.
5. It is used in the preparation of artificial lemon oil, citrus oil, and other citrus flavors, fruit flavors, cherries, coffee, plums and other foods. It is also widely used as a flavoring agent for tableware detergents, soaps, and toilet water. Citral is a raw material for synthesizing ionone, methyl ionone, dihydrodamasone, etc.; as an organic raw material, it can be reduced to citronellol, nerol and geraniol; and can also be converted into citronitrile. It is used in the pharmaceutical industry to manufacture vitamins A and E, and is also a raw material for chlorophyll.
Synthetic vitamin A. spices.
Blue steel Drum, Net weight: 180 kg per drum/ 25kg/drum
Storage conditions: To be stored in Cool, dry and ventilated location and protected from light. Shelf life：Two year with proper storage.
The above information involve our technology secrets about the production of this product, therefor users shallkeep it a secret.The above information is believed to be correct but does not purport to be all inclusive and shall be used onlyas a guide. Users use this information only as a supplement to other information gathered by them, and shouldmake independent judgement of suitability of this information to ensure proper use. This information isfurnished without warranty, and any use of the product not in conformance with this Product Technical DataSheet, or in combination with any other product or process, is the responsibility of the user.