Guaiacol Quick Details
Chemical Name: Guaiacol
CAS NO: 90-05-1
Molecular Formula: C7H8O2
Molecular Weight: 124.14
Guaiacol Typical Properties
Pale yellow oily liquid
Unique flavor aroma, microstrip phenol breath
Specific gravity (25 ℃)
Phenol (GC %)
Water (GC %)
Neutral oil (GC %)
content Guaiacol (GC %)
1. Used in pharmaceutical, dyestuff and perfume intermediates.
2. It is mainly used for making coffee, vanilla, smoked tobacco and tobacco flavor.
3. It is used for the synthesis of dyes, and also as analytical reagent.
4. It is used in medicine to make calcium guaiacol sulfonate and vanillin in perfume industry.
5. Used for testing copper, hydrocyanic acid and nitrite.
Guaiacol Packaging and Shipping
It should be sealed and shaded to be stored in a dry, cool, well ventilated place.