Shellac Flakes Details
Chemical Name: shellac
Appearance:Brown to orange-yellow granules or flakes, crisp and hard, slightly transparent, odorless and tasteless
Shellac FlakesTypical Properties
Hot ethanol insoluble substance (%)
Heat hardening time(min)
Water soluble (%)
1. It can be widely used in food, medicine, military, electrical, ink, leather, metallurgy, machinery, wood, rubber and other industries.
2. Shellac paint has strong adhesionand is used inmany high-grade woodware and decoration.
3. In the food industry, shellac is also used in fruit fresh-keeping coatings to form bright films, prolong the shelf life of fruits and increase their commercial value. Used in confectionery and pastry coatings to increase brightness, prevent moisture regain, and smear the inner walls of metal cans to prevent food from coming into contact with metal.
4. Used in the leather industry as a bright and protective finish, characterized by fast drying, strong fillingand strong adhesion to leather, making it softer and more elastic.
5. In the military industry, it is mainly used as a retarder for coating agents, insulating materials and gunpowder drugs. It is also used to manufacture military equipment that is UV- and radiation-proof.
6. In the electrical industry, shellac is also used in the manufacture of insulating paperboard, laminated mica boards, ground electrical insulators, insulating varnishes, bulbs, fluorescent lamps and solder pastes for electronic tubes.
7. Mainly used as a surface coating or filler for rubber products in the rubber industry. Improve wear, oil, acid, water and insulation. Slow down the aging process and extend the lifespan.
Shellac Flakes Packaging and Shipping
Stored in cool dry ventilated place away from fire, heat, light, acids and food materials