Tannic Acid Details
Chemical Name:Tannic Acid
Molecular Formula: C76H52O46
Appearance:Light yellow powder
Tannic Acid Typical Properties
Light yellow powder
1.2965 (rough estimate)
What Is Acid Usage
It is ight yellow amorphous powder or loose lustrous scaly or spongy solid that darkens when exposed to air.
It is odorless and has a strong astringent taste.
It is soluble in water, ethanol, acetone, almost insoluble in benzene, chloroform, ether and petroleum ether.
Tannic Acid Usage
1. In the pharmaceutical industry, it is used as a raw material for preparing citric acid, pyrogallol and sulfonamides.
2. Used as a hemostatic drug. It has been used in medicine for the treatment of pharyngitis, tonsillitis, acne and skin blisters. It can be used for diarrhea and enterorrhagid.
3. Precipitatingwith metals, alkaloids and glycosidesanddetoxifyingthese substances.
4. Used in tanning, ink manufacturing, paper and silk gluing, boiler anti-scaling, etc.
5. Used as a mordant, a clearing agent for beer and wine, a coagulant for rubber, a reagent for measuring metals such as bismuth, aluminum, nickel, and copper.
6. Used to prepare gallic acid and pyrogallic acid.
7. Used as a dilution when handling drill collar mud.
Tannic Acid Packaging and Shipping
Packing: 25 kg / bag
Tannic Acid Storage
Stored in a cool dry and ventilated warehouse